Pronounced by spelling it out, RFx is shorthand for all the procurement vehicles:
- Request for Proposal(s) (RFP)
- Request for Quote/Quotation (RFQ)
- Request for Qualifications (also RFQ, dagnab it – read more here about conflation of acronyms in “AOS: Acronym Overload Syndrome”)
- Request for Information (RFI; used to mean both a Request issued by a client and a question asked by a bidder of a client during a response process)
- Request for Expression of Interest (RFEI)
- Request for Letter of Interest (RFLOI) – after all,who doesn’t like to get real mail?
RFx is a handy term when writing in general about procurement. Otherwise, it’s not seen much in the wilds of Proposal Land.